2011年8月5日星期五

I have never taken the British Broadcasting Corporation

I have never taken the British Broadcasting Corporation non-seriously. If and when Lyse Doucet conducts a high profile interview, I listen to her questions and answers very seriously.

No matter even I have to develop little domestic tiffs.
Monday evening Lyse Doucet held a prime time interview with US Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen, whose worries should be release of salaries of many thousands US soldiers making extra effort to out match militants in Afghanistan. But to my surprise Mullen mostly spoke about Pakistan. To several straight questions what he said and I quote here ,”My biggest worry is continuing instability in Pakistan. Acolytes of Osama bin Laden are plotting operations against the United States. There are safe havens of terrorists in Pakistan. After operation against Osama security has improved. But Pakistan has not done enough against safe havens”.

He said, “ Border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan is still the most dangerous region in the world”. He termed Pakistan-Afghanistan border region an epicentre of terrorism”.
Admiral Mullen further stated, “Probably one of the things I’ve learned is that I’m a little bit more impatient and I’d like to see things happen more quickly,” Adm Mullen said.

“Their patience level is such that sometimes we would disagree on time frames and the need to move now, but again that’s a choice they get to make with their own forces, it doesn’t mean we don’t continue to address these issues.” Adm Mullen said Pakistan had lost many of its own troops taking action against some groups.
But he said that unless they moved against terrorists like the Afghan Haqqani network, it could affect relations between Washington and Islamabad.

没有评论:

发表评论