The Northern Texas PGA Junior Tour
The Northern Texas PGA Junior Tour is pleased to announce that Bag Boy is once again the presenting sponsor of the Texas Boys & Girls PGA Championship. The Texas Boys & Girls PGA Championship is the state championship event for junior golfers 12 years of age and younger and will be conducted on Monday, July 11 - Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at Brookhaven Country Club in Dallas. "Bag Boy is happy to be part the championship and we look forward to watching the future stars of the game," said Craig Ramsbottom, president of Dynamic Brands. "Giving juniors an opportunity to compete at this level helps them build confidence and attain their personal goals. Plus, this event provides two-days of great golf and camaraderie for the kids."Bag Boy is also a sponsor of four events on the Ewing Automotive All American Tour conducted by the Northern Texas PGA Section.
As part of its sponsorship, Bag Boy provides the first 12 juniors a push cart to use during the round, they can chose from the Quad, Express Automatic and the Automatic carts."We have found that juniors really like using carts because it relieves a lot of neck and shoulder pain they get from carrying a golf bag," said Ramsbottom. "More and more players are using push carts for this reason."Bag Boy recently introduced the new four-wheel Quad push cart.
The Quad's stable platform makes it easy to roll through all types of terrain because of its large front wheels and wide rear wheel base. Plus, a handle mounted parking brake keeps the cart in place on steep hills and embankments. The Quad is easy to use and folds up in seconds with two simple steps to make storage convenient.
2011年6月16日星期四
Delta No. 2 in bag fees per passenger
Delta No. 2 in bag fees per passenger
Among major carriers, only US Airways brought in baggage fee revenue at a higher rate at $9.91 per passenger.
The U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics reported this week that Delta brought in $952 million in baggage fee revenue in 2010, the highest amount among all U.S. airlines. The AJC analyzed the numbers to scale baggage fee revenue based on the airline size as measured by number of passengers.
Delta carried the most passengers last year among U.S. airlines, with about 110.9 million boarding planes, according to Bureau of Transportation Statistics data.
Atlanta-based Delta has increased its baggage fees over time and currently charges $25 for the first checked bag and $35 for the second checked bag on domestic flights.
Southwest Airlines brought in an average of just 28 cents in baggage fee revenue per passenger. Dallas-based Southwest does not charge fees for the first two checked bags but does charge for additional bags beyond two.
Southwest held the No. 14 spot for baggage fee revenue with $29.8 million. But it came in second in passenger counts with 106.2 million passengers.
Southwest acquired AirTran Airways earlier this year and plans to eventually bring Southwest planes to Atlanta, along with its no bag fees policy. AirTran, which does charge fees for checked baggage, brought in an average of $6.20 in baggage fee revenue per passenger.
AirTran charges $20 for the first checked bag and $25 for the second checked bag.
United Airlines had an average of $5.79 in baggage fee revenue per passenger, while Continental Airlines' rate was $7.86. United merged with Continental last year to create the world's largest airline, but their combined baggage fee revenue was less than Delta's.
Airlines have increasingly turned to fees to boost revenue, amid stiff competition that makes it more difficult to raise fares. Air fares have declined 21 percent from 2000 to 2010 on an inflation-adjusted basis, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. In 2000, fares made up 84 percent of airline revenue, a rate that dropped to 71 percent in 2010.
Among major carriers, only US Airways brought in baggage fee revenue at a higher rate at $9.91 per passenger.
The U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics reported this week that Delta brought in $952 million in baggage fee revenue in 2010, the highest amount among all U.S. airlines. The AJC analyzed the numbers to scale baggage fee revenue based on the airline size as measured by number of passengers.
Delta carried the most passengers last year among U.S. airlines, with about 110.9 million boarding planes, according to Bureau of Transportation Statistics data.
Atlanta-based Delta has increased its baggage fees over time and currently charges $25 for the first checked bag and $35 for the second checked bag on domestic flights.
Southwest Airlines brought in an average of just 28 cents in baggage fee revenue per passenger. Dallas-based Southwest does not charge fees for the first two checked bags but does charge for additional bags beyond two.
Southwest held the No. 14 spot for baggage fee revenue with $29.8 million. But it came in second in passenger counts with 106.2 million passengers.
Southwest acquired AirTran Airways earlier this year and plans to eventually bring Southwest planes to Atlanta, along with its no bag fees policy. AirTran, which does charge fees for checked baggage, brought in an average of $6.20 in baggage fee revenue per passenger.
AirTran charges $20 for the first checked bag and $25 for the second checked bag.
United Airlines had an average of $5.79 in baggage fee revenue per passenger, while Continental Airlines' rate was $7.86. United merged with Continental last year to create the world's largest airline, but their combined baggage fee revenue was less than Delta's.
Airlines have increasingly turned to fees to boost revenue, amid stiff competition that makes it more difficult to raise fares. Air fares have declined 21 percent from 2000 to 2010 on an inflation-adjusted basis, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. In 2000, fares made up 84 percent of airline revenue, a rate that dropped to 71 percent in 2010.
2011年6月13日星期一
City left holding the bag
But on Friday, the bottom ripped out of efforts in Salem to either ban plastic bags outright or set an ambitious plastic recycling benchmark backed by a prohibition. The six lawmakers who tried to lead the Legislature toward restrictions on plastic bags conceded in a written statement: "It appears the time for a statewide solution to this issue has not yet arrived. But this issue is not going away. We are not going away. And these bags aren't going away. They will be around for a thousand years."
Well, it'd be nice to come up with an Oregon solution between now and then. We're not excited about what comes next, a grab-bag of local plastics laws, with Portland first out of the gate. Mayor Sam Adams promised he'd respond to a failure in Salem with a citywide ban on plastic bags starting next January. After Friday's announcement that the bag bill was a dead letter in the Legislature, Adams indicated that the city would go forward with its ban.
That's a discouraging turn of events. For a time it looked like Oregon might be the first place to make a serious run at recycling of plastics, not just bags, but all kinds of plastic litter and waste now tossed into ditches and landfills. But then it all fell apart. The plastic-bag industry had no intention of backing up its rhetoric about helping lead a recycling effort in Oregon. And not enough lawmakers stepped up to support a more creative alternative to a statewide ban.
So instead of leading, Oregon will follow places such as San Francisco with isolated city prohibitions that make trouble for retailers dealing with different regulations, confuse consumers and offer token environmental gains.
Well, it'd be nice to come up with an Oregon solution between now and then. We're not excited about what comes next, a grab-bag of local plastics laws, with Portland first out of the gate. Mayor Sam Adams promised he'd respond to a failure in Salem with a citywide ban on plastic bags starting next January. After Friday's announcement that the bag bill was a dead letter in the Legislature, Adams indicated that the city would go forward with its ban.
That's a discouraging turn of events. For a time it looked like Oregon might be the first place to make a serious run at recycling of plastics, not just bags, but all kinds of plastic litter and waste now tossed into ditches and landfills. But then it all fell apart. The plastic-bag industry had no intention of backing up its rhetoric about helping lead a recycling effort in Oregon. And not enough lawmakers stepped up to support a more creative alternative to a statewide ban.
So instead of leading, Oregon will follow places such as San Francisco with isolated city prohibitions that make trouble for retailers dealing with different regulations, confuse consumers and offer token environmental gains.
It’s deadline time for women golfers
It’s deadline time for women golfers who are planning on playing in the annual Moore County Women’s Amateur Championship at National Golf Club June 27-28.
While the tournament is for golfers of all levels, with players pre-flighted by handicap, the championship flight has provided some top-flight competition and intriguing story-lines over the past several years and included winners with ages varying from teenagers to 60.
But if you’re planning on entering, you’d better do it now. The deadline is Wednesday
Patty Moore, the Carolinas Golf Hall of Fame member who has won the event six times, has battled two-time former champion Diane Yelovich to the wire several times while youngsters Amanda D’Ostroph and Lisa Chandler have also won.
Another threat in recent years has been Katja Damman, a Pinehurst resident who plays on the Pembroke State University golf team
D’Ostroph, a rising junior at Charleston Southern University, won the title at the Country Club of Whispering Pines last year.
The championship is 36 holes of gross medal play with a 9 a.m. shotgun start both days.
Entrants must be 18 or older and have an established USGA handicap index. They must also be residents of Moore County or a member of a golf club in the county.
The entry fee is $95 and includes carts, range balls and an awards luncheon following the final round. Practice rounds are available June 21-24 for $30.
Prizes will be awarded to the overall champion and the first and second-place finishers in each flight.
Applications are available at area golf clubs and at Robert’s Golf Shop. For information call Ginny Siedler at (910) 673-3240.
N.C. Amateur: Nearly 30 years after it was last played there, the North Carolina Amateur Championship is returning to Greensboro Country Club’s Farm Course Thursday through Sunday.
The 72-hole, stroke play competition was played on the Farm Course and at The Cardinal Golf Club in 1981 and 1982. Ray Freeman, of Greensboro, won the1981 event, while Mike West, of Burlington, took the 1982 title.
While the tournament is for golfers of all levels, with players pre-flighted by handicap, the championship flight has provided some top-flight competition and intriguing story-lines over the past several years and included winners with ages varying from teenagers to 60.
But if you’re planning on entering, you’d better do it now. The deadline is Wednesday
Patty Moore, the Carolinas Golf Hall of Fame member who has won the event six times, has battled two-time former champion Diane Yelovich to the wire several times while youngsters Amanda D’Ostroph and Lisa Chandler have also won.
Another threat in recent years has been Katja Damman, a Pinehurst resident who plays on the Pembroke State University golf team
D’Ostroph, a rising junior at Charleston Southern University, won the title at the Country Club of Whispering Pines last year.
The championship is 36 holes of gross medal play with a 9 a.m. shotgun start both days.
Entrants must be 18 or older and have an established USGA handicap index. They must also be residents of Moore County or a member of a golf club in the county.
The entry fee is $95 and includes carts, range balls and an awards luncheon following the final round. Practice rounds are available June 21-24 for $30.
Prizes will be awarded to the overall champion and the first and second-place finishers in each flight.
Applications are available at area golf clubs and at Robert’s Golf Shop. For information call Ginny Siedler at (910) 673-3240.
N.C. Amateur: Nearly 30 years after it was last played there, the North Carolina Amateur Championship is returning to Greensboro Country Club’s Farm Course Thursday through Sunday.
The 72-hole, stroke play competition was played on the Farm Course and at The Cardinal Golf Club in 1981 and 1982. Ray Freeman, of Greensboro, won the1981 event, while Mike West, of Burlington, took the 1982 title.
2011年6月9日星期四
Inside Valentina's Intimate Apparel, three women owners offer customers a variety of goods and services
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. - DONGAN HILLS - Count a few more reasons to check out Valentina's Intimate Apparel on Hylan Boulevard: Two enterprising women have joined owner Carmela Vasaturo with the launch their own businesses inside the shop, and celebrate with a grand-opening party tonight, starting at 6 p.m.
Donna Rea, Ms. Vasaturo's younger sister, transformed the large downstairs space into an inviting vintage clothing and accessories boutique, offering over 1,500 well-organized items of designer clothing and accessories on consignment, from Armani and Emanuel Ungaro to Jean-Paul Gaultier and Donna Karan. The clothing includes an impressive selection of dazzling floor-length evening gowns – brand new or gently worn – in a range of styles, with prices starting at $40.
Dongan Hills resident Lisa Ruggiero, a professional makeup artist and certified sunless tanning technician, is also on board with her new venture, Sunless in the City. She converted the rear of the downstairs space into an intimate "mini-spa" for spray tanning, and works upstairs on makeup consultations by appointment and walk-in.
Donna Rea, Ms. Vasaturo's younger sister, transformed the large downstairs space into an inviting vintage clothing and accessories boutique, offering over 1,500 well-organized items of designer clothing and accessories on consignment, from Armani and Emanuel Ungaro to Jean-Paul Gaultier and Donna Karan. The clothing includes an impressive selection of dazzling floor-length evening gowns – brand new or gently worn – in a range of styles, with prices starting at $40.
Dongan Hills resident Lisa Ruggiero, a professional makeup artist and certified sunless tanning technician, is also on board with her new venture, Sunless in the City. She converted the rear of the downstairs space into an intimate "mini-spa" for spray tanning, and works upstairs on makeup consultations by appointment and walk-in.
Retro Alley' dresses up downtown Grass Valley - VIDEO
The opening later this month of Menagerie, a shop with new and vintage items on Neal Street, could be a sign that retro chic is the latest thing to hit downtown Grass Valley.
A la Mode Vintage has set the standard for seven years. At 127-B Neal St., owner Joan Kremmer offers embroidered aprons from the 1940s, bark-cloth tablecloths from the 1950s, dresses reminiscent of Twiggy from the 1960s and Gunne Sax gowns from the 1970s.
Items spanning the decades represent the best she gleans at auctions, with an eye honed by 30 years in the business and a Berkeley childhood.
The recent wedding of English royals stirred a yearning for hats, and the television show “Mad Men,” styled in the late '50s to early '60s, has sparked an interest in clothes from that era, Kremmer said. A high school girl headed for the prom recently snagged a silver-lame gown.
"It looked like Marilyn Monroe," Kremmer said.
Period jewelry is also growing in popularity, she added.
With vintage garments growing harder to find, Kremmer looks for items in good condition, with quality workmanship, styling and materials.
A la Mode Vintage has set the standard for seven years. At 127-B Neal St., owner Joan Kremmer offers embroidered aprons from the 1940s, bark-cloth tablecloths from the 1950s, dresses reminiscent of Twiggy from the 1960s and Gunne Sax gowns from the 1970s.
Items spanning the decades represent the best she gleans at auctions, with an eye honed by 30 years in the business and a Berkeley childhood.
The recent wedding of English royals stirred a yearning for hats, and the television show “Mad Men,” styled in the late '50s to early '60s, has sparked an interest in clothes from that era, Kremmer said. A high school girl headed for the prom recently snagged a silver-lame gown.
"It looked like Marilyn Monroe," Kremmer said.
Period jewelry is also growing in popularity, she added.
With vintage garments growing harder to find, Kremmer looks for items in good condition, with quality workmanship, styling and materials.
City consults with disabled to make facilities more accessible
Citizens in Greater Sudbury are invited to attend a public consultation session June 16 to provide input into the city's 2011-2012 Accessibility Plan.
Under the Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2001, the city is “required to prepare an annual accessibility plan to make it available to the public,” according to a press release.
The purpose of the plan is to “improve opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the life of the city through identification, removal and prevention of barriers.”
Through the public consultation session, the city hopes to hear from “citizens with disabilities about their experiences with accessing municipal buildings, participating in programs or seeking municipal services from paying tax bills to visiting arenas.”
The city is hoping to “identify barriers to access municipal facilities...to remove barriers and to provide feedback on municipal services for persons with disabilities.”
The public consultation session is being held June 16 at 4 p.m. at Tom Davies Square in Committee Room C-11.
Citizens can download a copy of the 2010-2011 Accessibility Plan at www.greatersudbury.ca. Printed copies can be obtained by phoning Linda Purvis at 705-674-4455 ext. 4226. Additional information is also available by phoning 311 or (TTY) 705-688-3919.
Members of the Accessibility Advisory Panel include Ward 3 Coun. Claude Berthiaume, Ward 12 Coun. Joscelyne Landry-Altmann, chair Linda Whiteside, vice-chair Lionel Courtemanche, Vice-Chair E.J. Craig Ticalo and members Bob Bannister, Earl Black, Norma Fitzgerald, Linda Mende and Andrew Oliver.
Under the Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2001, the city is “required to prepare an annual accessibility plan to make it available to the public,” according to a press release.
The purpose of the plan is to “improve opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the life of the city through identification, removal and prevention of barriers.”
Through the public consultation session, the city hopes to hear from “citizens with disabilities about their experiences with accessing municipal buildings, participating in programs or seeking municipal services from paying tax bills to visiting arenas.”
The city is hoping to “identify barriers to access municipal facilities...to remove barriers and to provide feedback on municipal services for persons with disabilities.”
The public consultation session is being held June 16 at 4 p.m. at Tom Davies Square in Committee Room C-11.
Citizens can download a copy of the 2010-2011 Accessibility Plan at www.greatersudbury.ca. Printed copies can be obtained by phoning Linda Purvis at 705-674-4455 ext. 4226. Additional information is also available by phoning 311 or (TTY) 705-688-3919.
Members of the Accessibility Advisory Panel include Ward 3 Coun. Claude Berthiaume, Ward 12 Coun. Joscelyne Landry-Altmann, chair Linda Whiteside, vice-chair Lionel Courtemanche, Vice-Chair E.J. Craig Ticalo and members Bob Bannister, Earl Black, Norma Fitzgerald, Linda Mende and Andrew Oliver.
订阅:
博文 (Atom)